Excerpts from ~ Ramadaan 1434 Programmes
21st Night of Ramadaan 1434
This is the first of the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadaan. We have heard of the significance of the odd nights on several occasions. It is within these nights that Laylatul Qadr (a night better than a thousand months) remains hidden as Mercy and a Gift to the Ummah of our Beloved Nabi Muhammad Mustapha Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam.
Allah, The King of All Kings is prepared to give us whatever we desire. Tonight, Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta’ala is prepared to forgive ALL sins and make our dark hearts shine bright.
We are the beggars tapping at Allah’s door and we should continue to shed tears of repentance till we are granted forgiveness, peace and tranquility.
The ‘first flight’ has taken off. We must brace ourselves for the journey from the Farsh to the Arsh. We seek the Rahmah, the Maghfirat, the Pleasure of ALLAH Rabbul Izzat
An Explanation of a Selected Verse of Surah Fussilat :
لَّا يَسْأَمُ الْإِنسَانُ مِن دُعَاءِ الْخَيْرِ وَإِن مَّسَّهُ الشَّرُّ فَيَئُوسٌ قَنُوطٌ
Man is not weary of supplication for good [things], but if evil touches him, he is hopeless and despairing ~ Surah Fussilat 41:49
• It is the nature of man to make dua and seek from ALLAH Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala but the moment calamity befalls, immediately he becomes despondent.
• EVERYTHING is from ALLAH. ALLAH Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala sends good and also bestows affliction. HE is Hakeem (ALL-WISE).
• Whilst we may do things insensibly, ALLAH Azza wa Jal never does anything without Wisdom, Purpose and Reason.
• ALLAH Alone knows What He is Doing, Why He is doing, to whom He is doing and When He is doing. When a person experiences affliction (grief/pain/sorrow) ALLAH wants us to turn to Him and beg from Him Alone. ALLAH never gets tired, we must not become ‘maayoos’ (lose hope).
• ALLAH Solves ALL problems. Nothing is impossible for ALLAH, as everything is in His control. This must be borne in mind and a person must maintain full conviction in ALLAH at all times and in every condition. When and how ALLAH will open a door and make a way out, HE Alone knows. We must continue praising and begging off our ALLAH
• When man is blessed with sufficiency (health, wealth, abundance), then he forgets ALLAH, but in times of need he turns to ALLAH. We must turn to ALLAH our Khaaliq always because we are ‘muhtaaj’ (dependant) on Him every second.
An Explanation of a Selected Verse of Surah Al Jaathiyah :
أَفَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَٰهَهُ هَوَاهُ
Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire ~ Surah Al Jaathiyah 45:23
• The person who has taken his passions as his Deity ie. obeying and fulfilling all his desires, and disobeying and ignoring the commands of ALLAH, to that person ALLAH entrusts a shaytaan as a partner or sole companion. This shaytaan will be thrown into hellfire with the disobedient person, but the punishment will not seem lighter in the least.
• All Greatness (Kibriyaa) belongs ONLY to ALLAH Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala.
Firoun, who arrogantly claimed to be “ilaah”, realized too late that Loftiness and Pride did not belong to him at all.
May ALLAH bless us with humility and strong conviction in HIM Alone. May ALLAH bless us with His Divine Forgiveness and Pleasure.