Excerpts from ~ Ramadaan 1434 Programmes
Merits of the First Verses of Surah Mu’min :
حم . تَنزِيلُ الْكِتَابِ مِنَ اللَّهِ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ . غَافِرِ الذَّنبِ وَقَابِلِ التَّوْبِ شَدِيدِ الْعِقَابِ ذِي الطَّوْلِ ۖ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ إِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ
Ha, Meem. The revelation of the Book is from Allah , the Exalted in Might, the Knowing. The forgiver of sin, acceptor of repentance, severe in punishment, owner of abundance. There is no deity except Him; to Him is the destination ~ Surah Mu’min 40: 1/2/3
• Hazrat Abdullah ibn Mas’ood RA used to say that the Surahs in the Quran beginning with ‘Haa Meem’ are like embellishments -beautifully decorate the Quraan and bring much delight to the reader.
• The meaning of the letters ‘Haa Meem’ are known only to ALLAH
Subhaanahu wa Ta’ala
• The beginning verses of Surah Mu’min highlight that ALLAH is All Mighty and All Knowing
• ALLAH is also The Forgiver of sins, Acceptor of Repentance, Severe in Punishment and All Powerful. There is None Worthy of Worship but Him and all shall return to Him.
• The one who recites the above verses of Surah Mu’min together with Ayatul Kursi every morning will be in the Protection of ALLAH all day.
• These verses give us deep hope but also caution against the swift and severe punishment of ALLAH.
• They also are a very powerful means of one reforming oneself if one ponders deeply. Hazrath Umar RA sent these verses to a Syrian friend who became a drunkard, to read when in a sober state, and it served as a means of reformation for him.
Angels carrying the Throne of Allah seek Forgiveness for the Believers :
الَّذِينَ يَحْمِلُونَ الْعَرْشَ وَمَنْ حَوْلَهُ يُسَبِّحُونَ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّهِمْ وَيُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا وَسِعْتَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ رَّحْمَةً وَعِلْمًا فَاغْفِرْ لِلَّذِينَ تَابُوا وَاتَّبَعُوا سَبِيلَكَ وَقِهِمْ عَذَابَ الْجَحِيمِ .رَبَّنَا وَأَدْخِلْهُمْ جَنَّاتِ عَدْنٍ الَّتِي وَعَدتَّهُمْ وَمَن صَلَحَ مِنْ آبَائِهِمْ وَأَزْوَاجِهِمْ وَذُرِّيَّاتِهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُوَقِهِمُ السَّيِّئَاتِ ۚ وَمَن تَقِ السَّيِّئَاتِ يَوْمَئِذٍ فَقَدْ رَحِمْتَهُ ۚ وَذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ
Those [angels] who carry the Throne and those around it exalt [ Allah ] with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who have believed, [saying], “Our Lord, You have encompassed all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the punishment of Hellfire – Our Lord, and admit them to gardens of perpetual residence which You have promised them and whoever was righteous among their fathers, their spouses and their offspring. Indeed, it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise – And protect them from the evil consequences [of their deeds]. And he whom You protect from evil consequences that Day – You will have given him mercy. And that is the great attainment.” ~ Surah Mu’min 40:7/8/9
• The angels carrying the Arsh of ALLAH and those surrounding the Arsh are in a constant state of Glorifying ALLAH Azza wa Jal. In addition to Glorifying ALLAH, they are also seeking forgiveness for the Believers. They implore Allah to forgive them, to save them from the punishment of Jahannum and to admit them to the everlasting gardens of Jannah. Along with it, they also make dua that their family members who have Imaan also to be joined with them.