عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، رضى الله عنهما قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم،
مِفْتَاحُ الْجَنَّةِ الصَّلاَةُ وَمِفْتَاحُ الصَّلاَةِ الْوُضُوءُ
Hazrat Jabir bin ‘Abdullah Radiyallahu Anhu narrated: Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: The key to Paradise (Jannah) is Salaah, and the key to Salaah is Wudhu.
Islam is built on five pillars. After the Kalima, the next most important pillar of this structure of Deen, is Salaah. The implementation of Salaah becomes a great shield against sins and acts of disobedience. The very first A’mal (deed) concerning Huququllah (the rights of Allah), of which man will be questioned on the day of Qiyamah, will be Salaah.
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam had given a very stern warning regarding the person who abstains from performing Salaah. The Hadith mentions: “For the person who adheres to Salaah, on the Day of Resurrection, his Salaah will become a means of his Nur (light), Burhan (proof) and Najaat (salvation). And, for the person who discards it , there will be no Nur, no Burhan and no Najaat on that day. He will be (resurrected) with (evil ones like) Qaroon, Firoun, Hamaan and Ubay bin Khalaf”. [Ibn Hibban, Ahmed, Daarimi]
Hence we learn, that the one who fulfills the obligation of Salaat, will be immersed and surrounded by Noor (light) and glad tidings on the day of Qiyamah, BUT the one who discards this important pillar and foundation of Deen, will be in total darkness on that day and in the company of disbelievers.
. . .
Be Mindful of Your Salaah
Hazrat Ali Radiyallahu Anhu narrated that the final words of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam when departing from this world were :
الصَّلاَةَ الصَّلاَةَ اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ فِيمَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ “”
(Sunan Abu Dawud)
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam mentioned “ الصَّلاَةَ الصَّلاَةَ” … “As-Salaat , As-Salaat” twice … be mindful of your Salaah … be mindful of your Salaah. Many are hasty in performing the postures of their Salaah.
Therefore, one should guard his Salaah by :
● Performing Wudhu correctly
● Performing the Salaah at its prescribed time and being punctual.
● Performing the Salaah with Khushu and Khudoo (concentration and devotion) and great care should be taken not to be heedless and negligent in carrying out of the various postures (Qaumah, Ruku, Sujood, etc) of the Salaah. Many people rush through their Salaah…they barely stand up erect for Qaumah, after making Ruku’, and rush down into Sujood.
● Making a concerted effort in perfecting the Faraa’idh (compulsory actions), Sunnan (Sunnah actions), Mustahabbat (desirable acts) and Aadaab (etiquettes) of Salaah.
● Not discarding one’s Salaah during the day due to work activities, and then at night, cover up and read Qadha of all the missed Salaah of that day, at home.. Rather, one should read one’s Salaah at its prescribed times.
Salaah teaches one discipline, and if the Salaah becomes correct, then all other A’maal (deeds and actions) will automatically become correct.