Excerpts from ~ Ramadaan 1434 Programmes
إِنَّمَا يُوَفَّى الصَّابِرُونَ أَجْرَهُم بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ
Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account.” Surah Az-Zumar 39:10
DOWNLOAD HADITH EXPLANATIONS HERE >
Hazrat Abu Yahya Suhaib bin Sinan Radiyallahu-Anhu reported that: Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity comes to him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him”. [Muslim].
There are Three Types of Sabr :
1. Sabr when facing difficulties – Sabr Alal Ma’asib
2. Sabr in refraining from sins ~ Sabr Anil Ma’asee
3. Sabr in remaining on good deeds – Sabr Alat Ta’aat
Hadeeth pertaining to Sabr :
1. Hazrat Anas Radiyallahu-Anhu reported: Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam passed by a woman who was crying over a grave and said, “Fear Allah and be patient.” She said, “Away from me! My calamity has not befallen you and you are not aware of it.” The woman was later told that it was Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (who had advised her). She came to his door where she found no doorkeeper. She said, “(I am sorry) I did not know it was you.” Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “Patience is (becoming) only at the first (stroke) of grief”. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
2. Hazrat Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu-Anhu reported: Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “Allah, the Exalted, says: ‘I have no reward other than Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who remains patient for My sake when I take away his beloved one from among the inhabitants of the world”. [Al-Bukhari].