Excerpts from ~ Ramadaan 1434 Programmes
قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ~ اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ ~ لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ ~ وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
Qul huwallaahu ahad Allahus samad Lam yalid wa lam yuulad Wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him ~ Surah Ikhlaas 112
Hadith pertaining to Surah Ikhlaas :
1. Hazrat Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri RA said: “Nabi Sallallahu alayhi Wasallam said to his Companions: ‘Could any one of you not recite one third of the Qur’aan in one night?’ They found the idea difficult, and said, ‘Who among us could do that, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Qul huwaAllaahu -ahad, Allahus samad [i.e., Soorat ul-Ikhlaas] is one third of the Qur’aan.’” ~Al-Bukhaari-4628
Virtues of Surah Ikhlaas :
• Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.
• Surah Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad equals a third of the Qur’an
• Reciting Surah Ikhlas, and the two last chapters of the Qur’an (Surah Falaq / Surah Naas) in the
morning and evening 3 times, will protect you from all evil.
Hadith pertaining to Surah Al – Faatihah :
1. Hazrat Abu Sa’ad ibn Al-Mu’alla who said (in part of the hadith) that Nabi Sallallahu alayhi Wasallam said, “…I will teach a Surah which is the greatest Surah in the Quran before you leave the Masjid.’ Then he took hold of my hand and when he intended to leave [the Masjid], I asked him, “Did you not say that you would teach me a Surah which is the greatest Surah in the Qur’an?” He replied, ‘Yes. It is [the Surah commencing with], “All praise and thanks are due to Allah. (Al Fatihah)” It is the Seven Oft-Repeated verses and the Great Qur’an that has been given to me.’ “ – Tirmidhi
2. Hazrat Abu Hurayrah RA said that Nabi Sallallahu alayhi Wasallam said, [The chapter commencing with],”All praises and thanks are due to Allah the Lord of the worlds” is the Mother of the Quran, the Mother of the Book, the Seven Oft Repeated Verses and the Great Qur’an.” – Tirmidhi