The Shield of Taqwa after Ramadaan
Now, after experiencing a beautiful month of Ramadaan, we should continue striving in making the Ibaadah of Allah Ta’ala and refraining from all sins. We require Istiqaamat (steadfastness). The Taqwa we had acquired in Ramadaan has to be preserved.
The word Taqwa is derived from the word “Wiqaayah”, which means a ‘shield’… We arm and protect ourselves with this ‘Shield of Taqwa’ against the onslaughts of Nafs and shaytaan … They will always prompt us.
All we need to do, is to continue to pull out this “Shield of Taqwa” and defend ourselves against evil temptations and sins.
DOWNLOAD SHORT TALK HERE ~ 4 MINUTES
DOWNLOAD MORNING AND EVENING DUAS / ZIKRULLAH HERE ~ 10 MINUTES
وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِ وَيُعْظِمْ لَهُ أَجْرًا
And whoever fears Allah – He will remove from him his misdeeds
and make great for him his reward ~Surah Talaq 65:5
Ulema have enumerated numerous benefits of Taqwa.
The most honorable person in the sight of Allah is that person who has most Taqwa.
When a person has Taqwa, Allah gives him the Noor in his heart and the criteria (Furqaan) which will enable him to discern between right and wrong.
The purpose and object of Ramadaan is to strive towards attaining Taqwa…
The word Taqwa is derived from the word “Wiqaayah”.
Wiqaayah means a ‘shield’…We have armed and protected ourselves with this ‘Shield of Taqwa’ against the onslaughts of Nafs and shaytaan… They prompt us all the time and we have to defend ourselves with this shield ~ Moulana Naeem Motala SB
One who has Taqwa enjoys some of the ffg Benefits / Virtues/ Blessings:
• Kaafara tu Zunoob ~ Allah Ta’ala will wipe out one’s Sins
• Allah Ta’ala will grant one abundant reward (increase in sawaab)
• Allah will make an opening for him from all difficulties
• Allah will grant one sustenance (rizq) from unseen sources
• One becomes Honorable and beloved in the sight of Allah
• Allah will give one the the criteria
to discern between right and wrong (Furqaan)
• Will be granted success in both worlds
• He will be saved from the fire of
• Will remain perpetually in Jannah (Khulood fil Jannah)
• At the time of Death one will get glad tidings of Jannah
DOWNLOAD LECTURE HERE
DOWNLOAD TAFSEER OF SURAH AT-TALAAQ HERE
KEY POINTS DISCUSSED
• The status of divorce in Shariah
• Rules of Talaaq
• Maintenance and Iddah
• Don’t cause the divorced wife undue hardship
• Retaining or releasing her with fairness, dignity and courtesy
• Three simultaneous divorces : Unlawful but effective
• Merits of Taqwa
• Fate of the nations that rebelled against Allah