Rasulullah Sallalahu alaihi wa sallam said, ‘A Mu’min is a mirror for a Mu’min.’ (Abu Dawud)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD EXPLANATION
Important aspects discussed in this Hadith :
• The similarities of a Believer and a mirror
• Qualities of a mirror >
~ Gives an honest, fair & an unbiased picture of the object
~ It does not belittle the object
~ It does not keep the image for everyone else to see. It does not backbite, nor reveal the image to others
~ It does not travel looking for shortcomings of objects deliberately. The object goes to the mirror
• One doesn’t get angry and upset with the mirror when the weaknesses are shown.
• Accept the advice of a sincere Believer with regards to your shortcomings, weaknesses, faults.
• Don’t blame the mirror. The defect/scar is on the object itself, not the mirror. Don’t blame the advisor (the Alim), nor the Noble Shariah
• Reveal the faults of the other with diplomacy and politely. Don’t look down upon any ones weakness.
• Don’t give up hope and become frustrated, when one fails to take heed to your sincere advices. Continue, with fervent Duas for his reformation