On the authority of Abu Dhar Jundub bin Junadah, and Muadh bin Jabal that Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said : “Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people.” ~ Tirmidhi
Important aspects discussed in this Hadith :
• Fear Allah in public and in privacy and be mindful that Allah is watching him
• He should perform those actions that Allah has commanded him and refrain from prohibited actions that will earn Allah’s displeasure
• Good deeds wipe out bad deeds
• Establish prayer at the two ends of the day and at the approach of the night
• Deal and meet with people with good character (Husnul Khuluq)
…We all have weaknesses within ourselves that we need to improve on. So often we may be performing excessive Ibaadat but when it comes to dealing with people and displaying good character then we fail. Nobody is perfect, but in Islam, it is essential that we should should strive in attaining good character and rectifying the shortcomings within ourselves.