Purifying the Heart from Hypocrisy
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ
“ آيَةُ الْمُنَافِقِ ثَلاَثٌ إِذَا حَدَّثَ كَذَبَ، وَإِذَا وَعَدَ أَخْلَفَ، وَإِذَا اؤْتُمِنَ خَانَ ”.
Hazrat Abu Hurairah (Radiyallahu Anhu) narrates that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said :
“The signs of a hypocrite are three: Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie; and whenever he promises, he breaks his promise; and whenever he is entrusted, he breaches the trust ( he is disloyal)” ~ Sahih al-Bukhari
IMPORTANT POINTS OF DISCUSSION
1. What is Hypocrisy?
2. Two Types of Hypocrisy:
• Nifaaq e I’tiqaadi : Hypocrisy in Belief.
• Nifaaq e Amali : Hypocrisy in deeds and actions.
3. Signs of a Hypocrite
4. What is the Remedy for Nifaaq?
DOWNLOAD EXPLANATION HERE ~ 8 MINS
Abdullah ibn ‘Amr (RA) says that Rasulullah (SAW) said: “Four traits whoever possesses them is a hypocrite and whoever possesses some of them has an element of hypocrisy until he leaves it: the one who when he speaks he lies, when he promises he breaks his promise, when he disputes he transgresses and when he makes an agreement he violates it.” (Muslim and Bukhari)
Key Points Discussed :
• The 4 types of Hearts
• The signs of a Hypocrite in Islam
• A detailed analysis of the 3 signs of a hypocrite viz :
> Speaking lies
> Breaking a promise
> Breaching a trust
• Disloyalty of ‘trusted’ ones
• Not honouring the payment of loans/debts on time
• Intriguing incident of a humble gift of an old lady ~ Hazrat Abdul Qadir Al- Dehlawi RA’s initial refusal to accept the gift and the subsequent consequence of that …
DOWNLOAD LECTURE (HYPOCRISY 2) HERE
إِنَّ ٱلْمُنَٰفِقِينَ يُخَٰدِعُونَ ٱللَّهَ وَهُوَ خَٰدِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُوٓا۟ إِلَى ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ قَامُوا۟ كُسَالَىٰ يُرَآءُونَ ٱلنَّاسَ وَلَا يَذْكُرُونَ ٱللَّهَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًۭا
Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allah, but Allah throws back their deception upon them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allah except a little, ~ Surah Nisaa 4:142
Key Points Discussed >
• The importance of making an Intention (Niyyah) before performing deeds
• Hypocrisy (Nifaaq) ~ A disease of the heart contrary to Ikhlaas
• Two types of Nifaaq, viz.
1 – Nifaaq in the Belief (Aqeedah)
2 – Nifaaq in the Action (Amal)
• The difference between the Hypocrite’s Heart and the Believer’s Heart
• DOWNLOAD LECTURE (HYPOCRISY) HERE
• DOWNLOAD TAFSEER OF SURAH MUNAFIQUN